Friday, December 4, 2009

Imitation Is The Highest Form Of Flattery

I am thrilled by the fact that my Super Hybrid idea caught on and that others are finding it useful.  Although, I am frustrated as the result of a  few things.   Like this post from the Soloflex.com blog made just hours after the release of my Soloflex Beast Super Hybrid video:

Posted by:  GARRET 
August 5, 2009 at 7:18 pm

"I wanted to make something like this a few months ago but while I had the idea, I didn’t have the room, or the know how. This fellow had a bunch of ideas that I hadn’t thought of.

He beat me to the creation of it. He would make a great Soloflex model. Great for him!

I’m jealous, I admit it."
 
You can view this actual post at:  http://www.soloflex.com/archive/this-guy-is-nothing-short-of-awesome-you-rock/comment-page-1/#comment-1719
 
After watching and downloading my Soloflex Beast Super Hybrid video, Garret welded his own Hybrid into existance.  Garret's duel Soloflex mainframe hybrid is featured below: 


The following was published on Garret's Soloflexforever forum.  Here is the web address to the actual post: 


By Garret, AKA  bucksteelsoloflex » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 pm

"My highly modified dual Soloflex Power rack system"

"Pictures coming soon. Two machines welded into one. Does every thing a regular Soloflex machine does, plus circuit training, plus full free barbell open power rack capability and more. Nothing else out there that I have seen can do as much in such limited space. All with legendary Soloflex quality and durability.

"I designed this on paper over a year ago. I wish that I had built it right away. So far it works flawlessly. ALL I need to acquire is an extra Barbell ram and I can hang my hammock on it again. Two of the barbell arms were tuned into safety catches. I just did some squats with 400 pounds on the barbell and it handled it better than expected."
      
The  "I DESIGNED THIS ON PAPER OVER A YEAR AGO" comment is in direct contradiction to his post just THREE MONTHS EARLIER on the Soloflex.com site where he said,  "I WANTED TO MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THIS A FEW MONTHS AGO BUT WHILE I HAD THE IDEA, I DIDN'T HAVE THE ROOM, OR THE KNOW HOW."


I'm glad I was able to show you how, Garret.     Enjoy my idea.


Here is a picture of me test driving the Beast.  This photo was taken just after the machine was built, and before I presented my duel mainframe idea to the world.


You can view the original, reposted, Soloflex BEAST Super Hybrid video here: